USG People is part of Recruit Global Staffing, one of the world’s largest HR services providers, with activities in Australia, Asia, Europe and North America.
Labor has become more than a means of putting money on the table or getting the job done. It is about connecting the purposes of individuals and companies, creating opportunities for everyone involved. By contributing to our stakeholders’ values to bet on passion, wow the world and prioritize social value, USG People Belgium creates opportunities for life: for employees, companies, governments and society at large.
The migration needed to happen in 3 month’s time. That was a hard deadline as the then current hosting contract ran out. Support from the old hosting partner was minimal. Apart from some small maintenance windows, no business impact was allowed. Several VMWare vm’s were a result of an earlier physical to virtual migration which ruled our AWS export/import services. Several Oracle servers needed to migrate from iron to cloud.
The solution designed by Cloudar for USG People Belgium was developed with High-Availability, Scalabality & Security in mind, all built up from a well-architected core:
- Most application servers were Rehosted and reinstalled from scratch on Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2).
- Some database servers were already replatformed to Amazon Relation Database Service (RDS) where possible.
- Amazon Simple Email Service (SES) was used to replace an old SMTP setup.
- Load balancers were decommissioned and replaced by AWS Elastic Load Balancers (ELB’s).
- The entire platform is fully managed 24/7 by Cloudar
We also made use of a number of AWS technical partner solutions:
- Ansible was used to automate application deployment
- CloudCheckr© was used to ensure the setup complied with AWS best practices and to ensure ongoing compliance once the solution was in production.
- Site24x7© was used in conjunction with AWS CloudWatch to ensure optimal performance across all environments.
- Veeam N2WS was used to guarantee reliable backups and enabled us to create a solid disaster recovery plan for USG Belgium